- Q: Why choose Beautiful Rooms for your interior design needs?
- A. At Beautiful Rooms, we strive to provide the highest level of design and customer satisfaction. With over 20 years in the design business, Nancy Barrett, ASID, and Kathy Cissell enjoy the process of creating each client’s space uniquely for them.
- Q How do we contact you?
- A: We are located in Chesterfield. Call us at 636-519-4090.
- Q: How do we begin?
- A: At Beautiful Rooms, we will set up a no charge initial meeting at your home or office to discuss your project and determine the best way to proceed. You may review the portfolio of “before & after”, award-winning rooms and share any design ideas you have seen and liked. A ballpark total for the project will be approved. Before proceeding with a comprehensive design plan, there is a non-refundable design fee which may be applied to a Beautiful Rooms product purchase within 60 days. The amount varies, depending on the scope of the job, but is usually within $250 – 500 per room.
- Q: How does Beautiful Rooms charge?
A: In the interior design industry, there are no standards for compensation and each designer sets their own fee structure such as: hourly, cost plus, retail, project fee or a combination of some or all. It is important that you have a clear understanding of how the interior designer will be compensated.
At Beautiful Rooms, when providing home furnishings, we work on a retail basis which means we buy at wholesale and sell at retail. There are no hidden costs or additional hourly fees. The price you are given for the product is the price you will pay.
If you do not need or wish to purchase furnishings from Beautiful Rooms, we can work on an hourly basis at $100 – 150 per hour. This may work best when you are only in need of a color consultation, existing furniture arrangement plans or project selections. If you need professional advice but want to do your own shopping, see “Beautiful Rooms In A Box” below.
On kitchens, baths and other remodeling, we charge a construction project management fee to make selections, monitor the progress and be the liaison with the contractors. The non-refundable fee will be based on the square footage of the project and our involvement.
- Q: What information do I need to provide?
- A: Have your answers ready. What are your color preferences? Style? Basic priorities? Think about your functional needs as well as the feeling you want to achieve. Give some thought to what you want to invest in the project. Even if you don’t know how much remodeling or new home furnishings will cost, you probably know how much you are willing to spend.